The new definition is: eg, A player born in 2008 or later, under 10 as of Jan. 1, 2018, will be in the U10 category. We aim to have more than 90% of the players playing in their age group.
For 2018, we will follow the announced Canadian Soccer Association (MSA) guidelines for the “Game Structure”. The idea behind the changes is to:
- give the players more touches on the ball (playing time).
- to make the game more easily understood by both players and coaches, particularly at the younger age groups.
Depending on the age group between 30 mins and 45 mins.
- U4 to U8 will play in a local league
- U10 to U17 will play in the Eastman Youth Soccer League EYSL (games start at 7pm, home games in Steinbach, away games in other communities)
- U10 to U17 Developmental Teams will play the Winnipeg Youth Soccer League (WYSA)
- U10/U14: play on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- U12/U17: play on Mondays and Wednesdays
The Mini Soccer Program runs the months of May and June with all activity taking place at the Steinbach Soccer Park.
For game times please check your schedules as provided by your coaches or TeamStuff.
- U4, U5, and U6 play Monday and Wednesday’s either in the 6-7pm time slot or the 7-8pm time slot.
- U7 and U8 play on Tuesday and Thursdays either in the 6-7pm time slot or the 7-8pm time slot.
Please check the website home page for weather cancellations.
The Hanover Soccer Club Follows the Long Term Player Development (LTPD) implemented by the Canadian Soccer Association.
- The Youth program play out of the Eastman Youth Soccer League (EYSL).
- The Youth soccer program runs from the end of April beginning of May. ( depending on field conditions and weather).
- Proper Equipment is required. Shorts, soccer cleats, shinguards and proper socks that must cover the shin guards. A soccer jersey is provided.
U10’S FOR PLAYERS BORN IN 2009 OR 2008
The U10 age group plays on Tuesdays and Thursday evenings. At this age group is where they will start to play against other communities so some traveling will be required, however there is no games played against communities above the #1 highway. Children will play on a smaller field play 7v7. Each half is 25 mins.
U12’S FOR PLAYERS BORN IN 2006 OR 2007
The U12 age group plays on mondays and wednesdays. At this age group the teams will travel to communities above the #1 highway such as Beausejour, Cooks Creek. The field size will increase with teams now playing 9v9 and 30 min halves.
U14’S FOR PLAYERS BORN 2004 OR 2005
The U14 age group plays on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Travel will be to similar communities as in U12. At this level teams will now play on a full size field and will play 11v11. Game lengths will also increase to 35 min halves.
U17’S FOR PLAYERS BORN 2001-2003
The U17 age group plays on Mondays and Wednesdays. Travel will be to communities similar to those in U14. Teams still play on a full size field and 11v11. Length of halves will increase to 40 min.
There is a season end tournament for each age group played in different communities. Dates and locations this year are will be determined.
Any questions contact Kathy Weiss at email@example.com