Hanover Soccer Club has adopted the Long-Term Player Development (LTPD) program that has been handed down from the Canadian Soccer Association.
LTPD is a program for soccer development, training, competition and recovery based on biological age (physical maturity) rather than chronological age. It is player-centered, coach-driven and supported by administration, sport science and sponsors alike.
- Eliminates gaps in the player development system
- Guides planning for optimal athlete performance at all stages
- Provides a framework for program alignement and integration, from volunteer club coaches to national and professional teams
- Follows scientific principles and pratical coaching experiences
Benefits for players & parents
- Better understanding of what makes a good soccer program
- More players learning at their level and having fun
- Appropriate game and league structures (e.g. size of balls, goals, fields, etc.)
- More opportunity for players to realize their athletic potential
- More coaches who are knowledgeable in leading safe, effective practices
Benefits for coaches & clubs
- Information and education on effective coaching and practice methods
- Guidelines for appropriate game structures
- Guidelines for appropriate competition levels
- Established pathways for player development for all levels of ability and ambition
- Affirmation of best practices for coaches and club administrators
Benefits for all
- Competitive behaviour is fostered in players, while over-competitive behaviour is discouraged in adults (coaches and parents)
- Players, parents, coaches and administrators understand that players are unique and therefore different in interest and aptitude
- Players stay involved in the sport throughout their lives (as players, coaches, referees or club administrators)
- Soccer grows, and lifelong wellness is promoted for players of all ages, genders and levels of ability and disability
RESPECT IN SPORT
Hanover Soccer Club believes in being proactive in ensuring sport in our Club is safe and welcoming for all participants. Respect in Sport helps us promote those values through a simple and convenient on-line training course for coaches and sport leaders. It is designed as a tool to assist coaches in identifying and dealing with abuse, neglect, harassment, and bullying in sport.
Link to the Respect In Sport Course.